Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

firecuda 530 2tb + alecgear heatstick installation on ps5

hi good morning I have a firecuda 530 2tb without heatsink, I would like to mount it on ps5, I bought an alecgear heatsink, I have some doubts as the 2tb f530 is double sided, how should it be mounted? should the spongy shims be placed underneath? What thermal pad should it be placed on? should it be put all over the surface or just on the controller? waiting for your reply, I send you my greetings Enrico
Hello Enrico! To mount the FireCuda 530 2TB without heatsink onto your PS5 with the Alecgear heatsink, you can follow these steps:

Apply a thermal pad on the controller of the FireCuda 530. You can use a thermal pad with a thickness of around 0.5mm to 1mm, depending on the thickness of the heatsink.

Place the FireCuda 530 on the Alecgear heatsink. Make sure that the SATA connector is facing downwards.

Apply a thermal pad on the back side of the FireCuda 530. Again, you can use a thermal pad with a thickness of around 0.5mm to 1mm.

Place the spongy shims underneath the FireCuda 530. These shims will help ensure that the drive is aligned properly and is making good contact with the heatsink.

Gently press down on the heatsink to ensure that it is firmly attached to the FireCuda 530.

With these steps, you should be able to mount the FireCuda 530 onto your PS5 with the Alecgear heatsink. Just be sure to monitor the temperatures to ensure that the drive is not overheating.