Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help nas das etc

I've been recently watching your videos on You tube and they are great.

Can you help me with my storage and direct attached situation.

Brief history: I'm a freelance photo videographer graphic designer and going to do some you tube.

Also a Data horder as 50yr old and had many images and graphics from past jobs. Years gone bye. Yes I need to weed it all out.

Plus all my home family imagery plus movies I ripped years ago I have which we use to use Apple TV to watch Until Streaming was invented.

Ive had Drobos ( had 5d, 5D3 and and 8d and (5d3 stopped working).
my drobo It’s been acting very weird so decided to go for a NAS even though I have tried Drobo NAS in the past and been abysmal.( so sold that on eBay)
IM a Mac person not a pc person so this is hard for me. Was gonna go for synology 1819+ what do you think witb 10gbs into my Untra Mac Studio. What would you suggest.
Thanks in advance. jen
Thank you for your kind words, Jen!

Based on your needs and requirements, the Synology DS1819+ would be an excellent choice for your new storage solution. It's a powerful NAS device that can support up to 8 hard drives, which can be configured in various RAID configurations for data protection and redundancy.

The DS1819+ also has a built-in 10GbE network adapter, which would be beneficial for transferring large files quickly and efficiently to and from your Ultra Mac Studio. This would be especially useful for your work as a photo and video editor, where large file sizes are common.

Additionally, Synology has an excellent reputation for providing user-friendly software and excellent support for their devices. Their DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system is straightforward to use and offers a wide range of features and applications that can enhance your productivity and data management.

Overall, the Synology DS1819+ (or newer ds1821+) would be an excellent investment for your storage needs as a freelance photo videographer and graphic designer. It's powerful, flexible, and user-friendly, making it an ideal solution for managing your vast collection of data.