Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

alternative to Synology Photos?

is there any alternative to Synology Photos? My primary use case for Synology is backup, not multimedia like plex. For Backup it includes photos on phone. I heard Synology photos works like Google Photos a lot just for NAS, and thats exactly what i need.

Does any other brand do it? or maybe a one time payment 3rd party backup solution?

Because if any other brand like Qnap or Asustor does it, i may not be bound to Synology and choose other options since i dont need Plex/Jellyfin.
Yes, there are other alternatives to Synology Photos that you can consider. Some other brands that offer similar solutions include QNAP's Qphoto and Asustor's Photo Gallery. Both of these applications allow you to store and manage your photos on your NAS, similar to Synology Photos.

In addition to these brand-specific applications, there are also third-party backup solutions that you can consider. One example is Duplicati, which is a free, open-source backup software that supports a wide range of storage options, including NAS devices. Duplicati allows you to backup your files, including photos, to your NAS or other cloud storage solutions, and it supports encryption and compression for added security and efficiency.

Another option is Backblaze, which is a cloud backup solution that offers unlimited backup for a fixed annual fee. Backblaze allows you to backup all of your files, including photos, to their cloud servers, and it includes features like version history and remote access to your files.

Ultimately, the best solution for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It's worth exploring different options and evaluating their features and pricing to find the one that works best for you.