Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Qnap ts464

Hi

I'm looking to purchase a QNAP TS-464.
I'm going to be using it as a plex or jellyfin media server, and a fileserver, I use Sonarr/Radarr and qbittorrent.

In the future I'm looking to add CCTV was looking at using 2x Reolink RLC-812A 4K cameras
I already have 4 4TB HDDs, they are on ext4 file system and have data on them.
I have a budget of £700-£800

I will be at max streaming 4 files at 1080p, it will either be 3 local and 1 outside the network
or 2 local and 2 outside.

My questions are as follows

Will this NAS do it

If it won't, will it do it if I upgrade the ram to say 32GB

Can I drop my drives in and have them work

Are there any other NAS devices that fit my requirements? Ideally, QNAP or Synology as I know they will work with Radarr and Sonarr, but if other will work I'm ok with that

Thank you
David
The QNAP TS-464 should be capable of handling your requirements as a Plex or Jellyfin media server, file server, and running Sonarr/Radarr and qbittorrent. It has a quad-core processor and upgradable RAM, so if needed, you could upgrade it to 32GB to handle additional tasks such as the CCTV system in the future.

Regarding the drives, you should be able to use your current 4TB HDDs with the QNAP TS-464, but you may need to reformat them to the appropriate file system for the NAS (e.g., NTFS or EXT4). However, keep in mind that once you reformat them, you will lose all the data currently on the drives, so make sure to back up your data before making any changes.

Other NAS devices that could fit your requirements include the Synology DS920+ or the QNAP TS-453D, both of which have similar capabilities and support for popular applications such as Plex and Sonarr/Radarr. Ultimately, the decision will come down to personal preference and budget.