Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DDR4 Memory

Hi thank you so much for all the information you have put out. I’ve learned a lot and consequently am planning on buying an Asustor Lockerstor 4 gen 2… I want to upgrade the memory and wanted to know if the N5105 Celeron Processor will support using “Corsair Vengeance Performance SODIMM Memory 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2933MHz CL19”? I noticed this stick had a lower latency than the equivalent Crucial 2933MHz memory (22CL). They’re about the same price but I didn’t see Celeron on Corsair’s supported processors list. Thoughts?
The Asustor Lockerstor 4 Gen 2 is a great choice for a NAS and upgrading the memory can definitely help improve its performance. In terms of the memory upgrade you mentioned, the Corsair Vengeance Performance SODIMM Memory 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2933MHz CL19 should be compatible with the N5105 Celeron Processor on the Lockerstor 4 Gen 2.

While Corsair's list of supported processors may not specifically mention the Celeron N5105, it is a newer processor that supports DDR4 memory at speeds of up to 3200MHz, so it should be able to handle the 2933MHz speed of the Corsair Vengeance memory without any issues.

It's worth noting that the performance gains from upgrading to a lower latency memory may be marginal and may not be noticeable in everyday use. So, if the Crucial memory is also a good option and is officially listed as compatible with the Lockerstor 4 Gen 2, you may want to consider it as well.