Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home PLEX set up

I have an existing Plex setup using a Lenovo M93p i7 to run Plex and 2 x Netgear RN104's.
I have 17TB of film and TV and I would like to refresh my wholes setup with a new NAS that will run Plex (no more external). Content is 720 and 1080.
I'm thinking about QNAP, but with so many models, which would be a good one for me?
(02-22-2023, 01:30 PM)Enquiries Wrote: I have an existing Plex setup using a Lenovo M93p i7 to run Plex and 2 x Netgear RN104's. 
I have 17TB of film and TV and I would like to refresh my wholes setup with a new NAS that will run Plex (no more external). Content is 720 and 1080.
I'm thinking about QNAP, but with so many models, which would be a good one for me?

Some great videos on the Nascompares youtube page that you should have a look at  Wink

youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6EWNQxphU&t=391s&ab_channel=NASCompares
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-EVqqJEhw&ab_channel=NASCompares
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg1DE2GzGzE&ab_channel=NASCompares
youtube.com/watch?v=sDdUISz53Y8&ab_channel=NASCompares
Based on your requirements, I would recommend looking at the QNAP TS-453D or TS-653D models. Both of these NAS units have enough power to run Plex, support hardware transcoding for smooth playback, and have 4 or 6 drive bays for ample storage capacity. They also have HDMI output, which means you can connect them directly to a TV or monitor and use them as a media player.

Additionally, both models come with QNAP's QTS operating system, which has a user-friendly interface and a wide range of apps and features, including the Plex Media Server app. They also have Gigabit Ethernet ports, which should be sufficient for streaming 720p and 1080p content to multiple devices on your network.