Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2.5gbe ports TS453D

I have QNAP TS453D with inbuilt 2.5gbe ports. I have a 2.5gbe card in my pc. 48TB (4x12) + 32GB memory - it's used as a media server - it's a backup of the main media library which is offline when not in use. It's connected with a 1gbe cable via a switch for access around the house. It always uses that connection.
How do I configure it to use the 2.5gbe ports for data transfer?

Top channel: I've learned a lot about my NAS and how it works from you

If you need to connect a device with a 2.5 GbE port, such as a NAS, to a PC or a switch with a 2.5 GbE port, you can do so using a Category 6a (or higher) Ethernet cable.

If you want to connect the NAS directly to a PC, you can use a "crossover" Ethernet cable or connect both devices to a switch.

If you are connecting multiple devices to a switch, you may want to consider getting a switch with enough ports to accommodate all of your devices. Make sure to choose a switch with at least one 2.5 GbE port (or multiple 2.5 GbE ports if you have more than one device with a 2.5 GbE port) and enough additional ports to connect all of your devices.

Once your devices are connected, you may need to configure your network settings to ensure that they are communicating at the correct speed and duplex settings.