Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

admin log in to dsm

I have not been on my synology for months and also I am new to it. I set up three other users when I first set everything up and I am able to log on, but I can't log on to my admin account. Is there a way to reset the password ?
I also was wondering if you teach courses on the synology or programs that run on it.
Yes, it's possible to reset the password for the admin account on your Synology device. Here are the steps:

Shut down your Synology device and remove all the hard drives.
Turn on your Synology device and wait for it to beep once.
Use a paper clip to press and hold the RESET button on the back of the device for about 4 seconds until you hear a beep. The RESET button is located next to the LAN port.
Wait for about 10 minutes until the system resets and the STATUS LED starts blinking.
Connect to your Synology device using the web browser and enter "find.synology.com" in the URL field.
Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new admin account and password.
After you've created the new account, shut down your Synology device again and reinsert the hard drives.
Turn on your Synology device and log in using the new admin account.
As for courses or programs that run on Synology devices, there are many online resources available that can help you get started. Synology has a comprehensive support site with articles, tutorials, and videos that cover various aspects of using and configuring their devices. Additionally, there are online communities, forums, and user groups where you can connect with other Synology users and get help with specific questions or issues you may have. Some third-party websites also offer courses or training programs on using and configuring Synology devices, although I cannot personally recommend any specific ones.