Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asustor AS5304T

Having watched numerous videos and reviews I decided to upgrade my Netgear RN214 with a Asustor AS5304T with 4 x WD WD120EFBX Red Plus 12TB. All populated and data copied across, but, it wont shut up. It constantly chatters with drive activity! I contacted Asustor support and they took various reports and reported back "Hi Darren,

Our technicians have taken a look at your NAS health record and did find the issue and is tracking it now. They have indicated it is not a quick fix but they are working on it.
They will resolve it in the future ADM upagade.

Thank you
Best regards
Jeffrey Wong

My question is have you heard of others having the same issue?
My old Netgear used to go to sleep and sit quietly in the corner minding its own business but not this one. It is like an irritating 5 year old constantly chattering to itself. Even when you set the scheduling to sleep after 7pm it is still chattering away at 8pm.
Keep up the good work.
Darren
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Asustor AS5304T. While I haven't personally heard of this specific issue with this model, it's not uncommon for NAS devices to have some level of drive activity even when not actively in use, especially during indexing, background processes, or other system maintenance tasks.

That being said, if the drive activity is noticeably loud or disruptive, it's worth continuing to follow up with Asustor support to see if there is a solution they can provide. It's possible that there could be a firmware or software update that may help address this issue in the future.

In the meantime, you might try adjusting some of the power management settings, such as setting a longer idle time before the system goes to sleep or disabling any services or apps that you're not actively using. Additionally, you might try physically isolating the NAS in a more soundproof location to reduce the amount of noise it emits.