Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home Multimedia Nas

Hi. I am looking for a NAS to get rid of Onedrive / Google drive / Icloud and have all the Family Photos, Videos and Files in one Place. I would like to Uploud the Photos directly from the Iphone, Ipads and acces them in the Drive on the PC. I want to be able to use the Photo Gallery on the nas to acces Photos quick on the Phone.
I am thinking of a 2 bay NAS to be able to Backup my Files.
What would be your Recomendation.

Thanks
Based on your requirements, I would recommend the Synology DS218 as a budget-friendly option, or the DS220+ as a more future-proof solution with more software features regarding backups. Both of these Synology models have a 2-bay configuration and offer easy-to-use mobile apps for uploading and accessing files directly from your iPhone and iPad.

The DS220+ has a more powerful processor and more RAM, making it better suited for handling heavier workloads and multiple users. It also has a more extensive feature set, such as snapshot replication, which can create backup copies of your data across multiple Synology devices.

However, if budget is a concern, the DS218 is a solid choice that can handle your needs for organizing and sharing family photos, videos, and files, as well as backing up your data. It also supports Synology's Photo Station app, which provides an intuitive interface for viewing and sharing photos and videos.

Ultimately, both the DS218 and DS220+ are great options that can meet your requirements for a 2-bay NAS.
I hope this helps https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...220-ds723/