Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

first nass

I wanted a nas, to make it easier for my partner to save the files and have them available on two PCs. Also take the opportunity to test and play with virtual machines.

I already have two 6TB drives

Spain prices
For your use case of storing files and running virtual machines, I would recommend considering the Synology DS220+ or the DS720+.

The DS220+ is a good entry-level NAS that should meet your basic storage needs. It supports two drive bays, so you can use your existing 6TB drives in a RAID configuration for redundancy. The DS220+ also has a powerful Intel Celeron J4025 processor and 2GB of RAM, which should provide sufficient performance for running virtual machines.

If you anticipate needing more computing power for running multiple or more demanding virtual machines, then you might want to consider the DS720+. This model has a more powerful Intel Celeron J4125 processor and 2GB or 4GB of RAM, depending on the configuration you choose. It also supports more drive bays than the DS220+, so you can potentially expand your storage capacity in the future.

Both the DS220+ and DS720+ come with Synology's DSM operating system, which provides a user-friendly interface for managing your files, running virtual machines, and other tasks. You can also install additional packages and apps from the Synology Package Center to further customize your setup.

Overall, I would recommend considering the DS220+ or DS720+ depending on your performance needs and future storage expansion plans.