Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WebDAV

Hey Ed...

I forgot to thank you ! So here I am... Thank you so much. I am in the process of researching and learning more. A lot of what you wrote sent me on the right way and Im learning more every day. I have yet to buy the hardware as I will also setup a firewall which I later found out I needed but that Tailscale thing using wire guard in that manner is pure magic. I will have some more questions in the future but until then I must just ask for 1 sentence which was unclear, "DNS or proxy is visible to the world and hackers can target these connections. Not VPN."
You just meant that by using a VPN the hackers can not see our DNS address like mysynology.com in the logs/history right?
Because even if I was connected to a VPN or Tailscail I would still have to type my NAS server address in a browser which I assume is the DNS right?
I dont know of a way of accessing NAS without using an address to go to... unless Tailscale could also list "destinations" and not only clients, to connect to so that one would not have to type any address which could potentially be intercepted by a keylogger for example.
Right? Or am I off here?

Messages In This Thread
WebDAV - by ResearchStud - 02-11-2023, 11:48 PM
RE: WebDAV - by ed - 02-13-2023, 11:14 AM
RE: WebDAV - by ResearchStud - 02-13-2023, 11:04 PM
RE: WebDAV - by ed - 02-15-2023, 09:55 AM
RE: WebDAV - by ResearchStud - 02-21-2023, 07:09 PM
RE: WebDAV - by ed - 02-21-2023, 09:56 PM
RE: WebDAV - by ResearchStud - 02-21-2023, 10:43 PM