Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS 923+ DS1522+ and non synology SATA SSD in RAID1 in RAID1

Hello, thanks for your work, very informative.
I want to change old NAS on DS 923+ or DS1522+ to use in a small office (10 users). I think about 1 SATA SSD RAID 1 (not Synology NAS edition SSD) for sharing folders and one HDD RAID1 or RAID5 for backups (data from NAS and users OS). What you can recommend about SSD SATA RAID 1 on Synology NAS? Do you have information about use SSD not from Products Compatibility List in Synology NAS DS 923+ or DS1522+? Many thanks.
Hello!

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help.

Regarding your question about using SATA SSDs in a Synology NAS, you can certainly use SATA SSDs that are not on the Synology Product Compatibility List, but there is a risk involved. The Synology Product Compatibility List includes SSDs that have been tested and are known to work well with the NAS.

If you choose to use an SSD that is not on the list, you may run into compatibility issues or experience reduced performance. You may also void the warranty of your Synology NAS.

That being said, if you decide to use a SATA SSD in a Synology NAS, it is recommended to use a reputable brand and ensure that the SSD is compatible with your NAS's specifications.

For your use case, the DS923+ or DS1522+ would be a good choice for a small office with 10 users. Both of these models have good performance and features for your needs.

p.s. ds923+ support nvme storage pools unlike 22+ series.