Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 Bay Nas

Hi just to let you know great Youtube reviews.
Looking for a 4 bay Nas for photo management i.e recognition and also viewing media in Plex any advice would be appreciated.
My budget is for Nas bay only i have a couple of drives already.
I currently have a TS 251d and would consider a Synology to try DSM but would go with your recommendation.

Thanks again.
Thank you for your support, this keeps us going.
If you need remote access to 4K media, then the Synology DS420+ would be a good choice. This model has a powerful processor and hardware transcoding capabilities that allow smooth playback of 4K videos over the internet. It is also equipped with Synology Disk Station Manager (DSM), a user-friendly operating system that provides a range of applications for photo management, media streaming, and more.

If you're interested in more advanced features such as NVMe caching and 10 GbE network connectivity, the Synology DS923+ might be a better fit. It is a more powerful model with a faster processor and more memory, making it suitable for demanding tasks such as virtualization and large-scale data management. However, keep in mind that it may be overkill for your needs if you only plan to use it for photo management and media streaming.

Ultimately, both models are good options, and the choice between them will depend on your specific requirements and budget.