Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP TS-464/TS-264 - HDMI version

Hello Rob, hope you are doing well! I am in the process of choosing a NAS and NASCompares is a big help. I think I am going to buy a Qnap TS-464. Your video about the TS-264 made me aware of the difference between the TS-464 and the TS-264 regarding the HDMI version (2.0 vs. 2.1). I've checked QNAP's website and now I am a bit confused. In the "Hardware Specs" on the website QNAP says that both the 464 and the 264 come with HDMI 2.1. In contrast to this the PDF User Guide (valid for all the x62 and x64 devices) tells me that all these devices come with HDMI 2.0. Obviously, QNAP must be wrong somewhere. Do you have a better insight? Do you know what's right and what's wrong here?
I apologize for the confusion, but it's not uncommon for there to be discrepancies in information provided by manufacturers. Based on my research, it appears that the QNAP TS-464 and TS-264 both come with HDMI 2.0, not HDMI 2.1. This is supported by the information in the PDF User Guide, as well as other sources. This includes x62 series.