Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New NAS suggestions

Hello,

I've found the NASCompares Youtube videos extremely helpful. Thanks for your great work.

It's still very overwhelming, so, if there is an easy answer, then let me know. If not, then I will continue researching, probably mostly through more of your videos.

I'd like to back up my data, which right now, barely exceeds 2 TB, and will be less once I remove duplicates and delete files. So, I think that 8TB will be more than enough for now.

Mostly, I want to be able to remotely organize my files from wherever I am, and am also learning about Cloud services, virtual machines, etc, so want something that can handle that.

What are some systems that will fit the bill, and should I trust buying something used?
Yes, Synology is a great option for your needs. The Synology DS723+ and DS923+ are both great options for running virtual machines and for backing up data. These models belong to the Plus series and offer a good balance of performance and storage capacity.

Additionally, the Synology Drive app can replace Dropbox and provide even better features. With Synology Drive, you can access and organize your files from anywhere, and it integrates with other Synology apps to provide a comprehensive solution.

The Synology C2 cloud service can also provide cloud backups and cloud tiering for storage, giving you more options for keeping your data safe and secure.

Overall, Synology offers a comprehensive solution for your needs and the DS723+ or DS923+ plus its apps and cloud service can provide reliable and convenient backup and remote access to your data.