Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Checklist to confirm all is working

I am ordering a QNAP TV-673A online via Amazon or B&H, but return policies are generally pretty strict for computers.

What is a good checklist of tests to make sure all my software/hardware is working as expected to ensure nothing is "damaged" under the hood?

I want to make sure I do a thorough inspection of the NAS within 15-30 days should I need return it.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Here is a checklist of tests you can perform to ensure that your QNAP TV-673A NAS is working properly:
1. Power on the NAS and check that all the LEDs on the front panel are functioning correctly.
2. Connect to the NAS using the web interface and check that all the system settings are correct.
3. Check the status of all the hard drives and SSDs using the SMART test. This will show any possible errors.
4. Test the network connectivity of the NAS by connecting to it via Ethernet and accessing shared files.
5. Test the USB connectivity by connecting a USB device to the NAS and accessing it.
6. Test the backup functionality by creating a backup of the NAS and restoring it to ensure it's working.
7. Test the RAID functionality by creating a RAID array and checking its status.
8. Test the remote access functionality by accessing the NAS remotely using the QNAP Qfinder Pro.
9. Test the media streaming functionality by streaming a video file from the NAS to a DLNA-enabled device.
10. Test the Surveillance Station functionality by adding a camera and checking the live view and recording.
This check list is focused on testing the health of the hard drives and SSDs, as you stated that is what you're mostly interested in.