Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Promise Pegasus RAIDs?

Hello from across the pond,

Love the channel & extremely helpful vids. I'm a MAC user and was wondering if you'll be doing any reviews, test, etc of the Promise Pegasus RAIDs? Yes, they're pricey and look to be fast but are they worth it? I do photography workflows and also want to stream my movie & audio files around the house (Plex). Thanks for any insight you have.

Regards,
Ken
If Pegaus send us any sample we will review them. But this is a solution for singe user. We prefer NAS which allows collaboration. It is easier to turn this into Plex server or anything else.

Some copy paste info for those wondering what is Pegasus:
Promise Technology's Pegasus RAIDs are high-performance storage solutions that are designed for professional photographers, videographers, and other content creators. They use Thunderbolt 3 technology to provide fast data transfer speeds and support for large storage capacities.

One of the main advantages of the Pegasus RAIDs is their speed. They are capable of achieving data transfer speeds of up to 2800MB/s, which is much faster than traditional hard drives or even some solid-state drives. This can be particularly beneficial for photography workflows, where large raw files need to be transferred quickly and efficiently.

Another advantage of the Pegasus RAIDs is their support for multiple RAID configurations. This allows users to choose the level of data protection that best fits their needs, whether it's a mirrored RAID for maximum data protection or a striped RAID for maximum performance.

As for the price, it's true that the Pegasus RAIDs can be quite expensive, especially when compared to traditional hard drives or USB drives. However, they are designed for professional use and are built with high-quality components, which can justify the cost for some users.

Overall, the Promise Pegasus RAIDs are a good option for professional photographers and videographers who need fast, reliable, and large storage solution. If the cost is not an issue and you need that kind of performance, it could be worth considering.