Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some media not playing or even showing in any player

Hi, first off, thank you for your channel! I have a DS920+ hooked up to a Nvidia Shield 2017. I was very happy with this setup until a recent update, both the shield and DSM. My problem is that suddenly my setup will not play certain movie formats. Prior to the issue appearing I was able to play everything I downloaded regardless of the format or container. However after whatever happened many will not even show up in any of the video players. I can play them through VLC on my computer so I know it's not the file. I've tried Plex, Kodi, Media Station, Embry, and VLC on the shield. I'm lost as I really do not know what caused it due to at least two updates at the same time. I do not believe it's the shield as no reports of the issue have appeared on their forums. I suspect it has something to do with the advanced media extensions. Do you have any idea what the issue may be? Thanks!
I know that Synology have stoped supporting h265/ HEVC maybe something to do with this. But otherwise, you could try and connect via DLNA and stream this way. Or map a SMB share.