Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP Setup

I have watched a lot of your videos and appreciate your insight. I want to get my throughput as fast as possible and would like a little help. I have a QNAP TS-1625. I need a little help in storage and Plex.

Thank you,

Doug
I'm glad that you found my videos helpful! To improve the performance of your QNAP TS-1635, there are a few things you can do:

Use high-performance hard drives: The speed of your hard drives can greatly affect the overall performance of your NAS. Consider using high-performance hard drives such as the Western Digital Red Pro or Seagate IronWolf Pro for increased throughput.

Use RAID: By using RAID, you can combine multiple hard drives to increase the overall performance and protect your data. RAID 0 and RAID 10 are good options for high performance, while RAID 5 and RAID 6 are good options for protection against drive failure.

Enable Jumbo frames: Jumbo frames allow for larger packet sizes, resulting in increased throughput. You can enable jumbo frames in the network settings of your QNAP NAS.

Use a 10 GbE network: If you have a 10 GbE network, you can take advantage of the higher speeds to improve the performance of your NAS.

Use SSD caching: If you have a QNAP TS-1635, it has a built-in feature of SSD caching which can improve the performance of frequently accessed files.

This NAS can not do transcoding. But original video playback is OK.