Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Budget NAS for file sharing outside of family

Hi,

I am looking for a NAS to essentially replace Dropbox. It will be mainly used for photos and files. It won't be required to stream movies so I assume a hefty processor isn't neccessary.

An essential is the ability to give read and write access to folders to users outside of our family. We regularly share folders with friends on holiday so that everyone can upload photos. Dropbox has a useful feature that allows you to share a link to others which gives them read and write access and we basically need the same.

I've come across the WD My Cloud Home but I don't think this allows external users to have write access. I've also seen the WD My Cloud EX2 but I am unsure if this has R/W access without knowing the friends' MyCloud password to add them as a user via the admin account which is not an option really.

Additionally, Synology always comes out on top when looking at rankings but I'm unsure if those are overkill for what we need.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Leo

Messages In This Thread
Best Budget NAS for file sharing outside of family - by ENQUIRIES - 01-09-2023, 12:00 AM