Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Files Synchronization

Hello,
I recently acquired a Synology DS923+ NAS and I am struggling a little bit with Synology Drive and files synchronization.
I have 3 laptops (2 personal and 1 professional) and would like to keep the same one folder containing all my critical perso/pro data synchronized on all of them and backed up on the NAS.
Basically I would like to be able to make a change anywhere in this 1 folder on any one of my 3 laptops and be sure that this change will be saved on the NAS and replicated on the 2 other laptops.
I am not sure how to achieve this with Synology Drive and have not found any detailed enough "synchronization for dummies" video. Could you please make one or point me to an existing one if I missed it?
I am sure I am not the only non-IT person struggling with synchronization (I am a lawyer) and this should be a topic of interest for others.
Many thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Guillaume
To synchronize a folder containing critical personal and professional data across multiple laptops using Synology Drive, you can follow these steps:

Install Synology Drive on all three of your laptops.

Sign in to Synology Drive using the same account on all three laptops.

On one of the laptops, create a new folder and place your critical data in it. This folder will be used as the "sync folder" that will be synchronized across all three laptops.

Right-click on the sync folder and select "Sync with Synology Drive."

In the Sync with Synology Drive window, select the "Sync" tab and then click the "Add Folder" button.

In the Add Folder window, select the sync folder you just created and click "OK."

In the Sync with Synology Drive window, select the "Sync" tab and then click the "Sync" button. This will start the synchronization process, and the sync folder will be uploaded to the Synology NAS.

On the other two laptops, open Synology Drive and navigate to the sync folder. The contents of the sync folder should be automatically downloaded and synchronized with the local copies on the other laptops.

From now on, any changes you make to the sync folder on any of the three laptops will be automatically synchronized with the other laptops and backed up on the Synology NAS.

I hope this helps!