Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing UPS for Synology DS1522+

Hello,
I am planning on buying a UPS for a Synology DS1522+. I would be using it only for the NAS so that in case of a power outage it could shut down safely.
I was checking Synology's UPS compatibility list, but there are so many options that I'm a bit confused.
Looking at my local electronics store, I found APC BE650G2-CP, which seems suitable for me regarding the wattage, price range, and availability of a data port to connect it to my NAS with an RJ45 - USB cable to set up a secure shutdown.
However, I would like to double-check whether this really could be the right pick for me, or maybe there are even better options. For example, maybe there's a similar one just with less than 8 power outputs?
Thanks in advance.
Emilija
I would look at CyberPower VALUE 600EILCD . This is a budget option. You need to have a USB data (not charging) port to communicate with a NAS. Otherwise, it will protect against power loss, but it will never shut down the NAS. We have few other models listed here https://nascompares.com/cheapest-ups-for...-qnap-nas/

I hope this helps.