Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 computers 1 NAS using 2 switches

Hello,

SO I added a 5 port switch and moved everything over thinking that I would be able to gain access, and that did not work, however, I am watching part 1, and hope that you might be able to findin any gaps that I might have with my understanding to gaining access f to the NAS from each computer. That did not work, so I place one computer on each switch and have a cat 8 cable to the NAS.
So now that I added the switchs, how to I gain access into the NAS?
To gain access to the NAS from each computer, you need to make sure that the computers are on the same network as the NAS. You can do this by connecting the computers to the same switch as the NAS, or by connecting the computers and the NAS to a router.

Once the computers and the NAS are on the same network, you should be able to access the NAS by its network address. The specific steps to do this will depend on the operating system of the computers and the type of NAS you are using. Some common methods include using the "Network" folder in Windows or the "Finder" on a Mac, or by using a file manager application such as Windows Explorer or Finder.

If you are still having trouble accessing the NAS after making sure that the computers and NAS are on the same network, there may be other issues that need to be addressed. These could include issues with the NAS configuration, network settings, or permissions. It may be helpful to consult the documentation for your NAS and your operating system to troubleshoot these issues.