Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First time user

Hey. Happy New Year.
I’d like to switch from streaming services to my “own Netflix”. I have a TV and a beamer to watch movies on. Also I’d like to make my “own Netflix” available to my parents living in another city and using an older TV with a google Chromecast. I have movies in different languages and I need a possibility to have them divided by the language in the library as not all users can understand all the movies.
I also would like to have an AI recognition for backed up photos to share the pictures of my kids with my parents on their TV or a smartphone.
Then I saw a video about cool things to do with NAS and would like to try the surveillance, mining Chia cryptocurrency and play some retro games (optional)
I would appreciate a possibility to control my NAS through a smartphone away from home.
Which NAS is the best bet?
I would recommend Synology flagship models with Celeron inside. DS920+ will be able to transcode 4k via DS Video app at remote location. You will also get photo organising app with AI engine that recognise faces and locations of photos. You can control and access it via your phone or other devices. If you want to do Chia mining, this seem to be dieing subject. Qnap models like ts-464 would do a better job regarding that. But Synology also can achieve this via docker app.

I hope this helps.