Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Change Volume/Storage??

So I set this up last year and haven't touched it since Big Grin  I'm not exactly tech savvy, but I figured the basics out by watching the vids on the channel. Once the setup was done I kind of forgot about it until now. 

Fast forward and I'm putting a bunch of stuff on there from my old system HD to free up space. Now the 2 drives I'm pulling stuff from total 3TB, but nowhere near what I'm putting on there. So after moving the last bunch of pictures I got a warning that I was running out of space. I just don't quite understand what to do here. On the Dashboard it looks like I should have a lot of space, but on Storage/Snapshots it looks like I'm out. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, Qnap config can be tricky. You probably need to change the threshold alert setting https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/artic...is%2080%25).

I hope this helps.
It was something stupid, if I have this right. The storage pool doesn't need the warning because that's what I've allocated. The Raid5 Vol is the space I have available and would need the warning set. I found a post that explained it as the storage pool being a box and the Raid vol being a box you put inside that one which is where you store your stuff. I just didn't understand what I was looking at. Noobs don't you know. Anyhoo storage pool warning was removed and should be ok. Thanks.