Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mapping Shared Folders from Windows 11

hi, I am trying to set up a new PC and map a particular SHARE on the QNAP.
I have installed Windows 11 and signed in using a Azure Microsoft Account
I have several shares that my super user ID's can see all, but for this particular PC I only want it to see/access 1 particular share
I created a USERID on the QNAP (cHs_remote) and have given it access to the particular SHARE and 'denied' it access to all the other SHARES
When I try to connect to the QNAP it pops us the Credentials window and has prefilled the userid to my Windows PC userid and asks for a PIN
I select 'more choices' and 'Use a different account' and it prompys for 'email address' & 'password'
I use the ID created on QNAP (cHs-remote) and associated password to which it comes back with "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."
Consequently, it does not validate and map the drive
What am I doing wrong please
Chris
It sounds like you are trying to connect to a shared folder on a QNAP device from a Windows PC, and you are encountering an error message when you try to log in.

There are a few things you could try to troubleshoot this issue:

Make sure that you are using the correct credentials for the cHs-remote user on the QNAP device. Double-check that you are using the correct username and password.

Make sure that the cHs-remote user has the correct permissions to access the shared folder on the QNAP device. You mentioned that you have given the user access to the particular share, but it's possible that there is some other issue with the permissions.

Make sure that the Windows PC is able to reach the QNAP device on the network. You can try pinging the QNAP device from the Windows PC to see if it is reachable.

Make sure that the shared folder on the QNAP device is configured correctly. Check the settings for the shared folder and make sure that it is set up to allow access from the Windows PC.

I hope these suggestions help!