Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology RT6600ax

is it possible to edit 10-bit h.264 100Mbs footage over the air? I have a 2021 macbook pro 16" and would like to edit videos wireless in my hammock xD I would buy an aditional NAS, but would load the RT6600ax nvm SSD's?

If thats not possible, is there ANY way of editing over wifi?

Thanks so much!
It is generally not recommended to edit high bitrate video files over a wireless connection, as the data transfer rates and latency of most wireless networks are not sufficient to support the demands of real-time video editing. High bitrate video files, such as 10-bit H.264 100 Mbs footage, require a fast and stable connection in order to play back smoothly and be edited effectively.

Wireless connections, especially those using WiFi, can be prone to interference and fluctuations in performance, which can cause issues with video playback and editing. In addition, the distance between your computer and the wireless access point can also affect the quality of the connection.

If you want to edit videos wirelessly, one option could be to use a wired connection between your computer and a NAS device that is equipped with fast SSDs.
RT6600ax is Wifi6 based router and could cope with speeds around 70-100MB/s. This will allow you to access your video files and edit them on your Macbook Pro without having to transfer the files over a wireless connection.

If you are the only editor, I would recommend downloading the current project on your MAC and edit locally. When it is finished upload it back to the NAS.

I hope this helps.