Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas but maybe a DAS

Hello Friends,

I have a drobo 5c and would like to move on from it. I would like a DAS but fine with a NAS, i would like it to be 5 or more bays, honestly would like 10 or more to put all my new drives and old drobo drives in it. I saw terramaster has some das but only 5 bays, i would like not to buy two with separate drives but can if needed. I like the t9-423 but not sure how power hungry it maybe. I'm just looking for a good system to store my data and have a good raid system. My goal is use it for data storage with good raid/software to not worry about. What do you suggest? I'm open to any suggestions or solutions. Thank you very much for your time and support, appreciate the amazing channel! Have a good break and rest well!
DAS is faster and cheaper. If these two things are important then stick with a DAS.
If you need remote access and shared folders and access rights for multiple users, you need a NAS.
Terramaster is the cheapest option out there. Having more bays will result in a higher energy bill. You could have two DAS systems for different purposes.
Otherwise Areca, Pegasus and Netstor make 8 bay DAS models.

I hope this helps.