Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Enclosure

Good Afternoon, Merry Christmas.

I recently asked about Synology 720+ and the new 723.
From watching your excellent in depth reviews I am of the opinion that Synology products are by far more 'secure sophisticated and indeed somewhat more professional' compared to QNAP especially after their Ransomware issues!

QNAP - offer newer products save for the on the horizon Synology 723. Yet if I bought the 720+ I presume adding the extra 4GB of RAM would be beneficial if not essential!

Looking in detail at Qnap I can see three models that look like they will do the job -

1. QNAP TS-253E-8G 2-Bay NAS Enclosure w/ 2 x M.2 PCIe Slots (8GB RAM). -HEAVY POWER CONSUMPTION

2. QNAP TS-264 Intel quad-core dual-port 2.5GbE NAS supports M.2 SSD caching and PCIe expandability for high-speed transmission and virtualization applications. HEAVY POWER CONSUMPTION

3. TS-253D Quad-core 2.5GbE NAS for professionals

Still confused, Synology or Qnap?

Thank You in advance, SIncerely, NIGEL HOWARD
Synology know how to keep it quite. They have had quite few attacks lately. You can make Qnap more secure than Synology if you wanted to. Here is how https://nascompares.com/2022/10/21/qnap-...-your-nas/
Qnap 53E/64/53D series are all very similar performance models. The connectivity is slightly different.
People who own 53D series can do anything they want to.

I hope this helps.