Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

iCloud to Synology NAS

Hi There.

I recently purchased a Synology NAS DS220+ as I want to move away from Apple iCloud for my photos and videos across all my family mobile devices. I have watched some of your you tube videos about Synology Photos as the application to use in this instance.

I'm looking for some advice (although I appreciate it's not technically about the NAS itself), I'm having difficulties on deciding the best approach to migrate away from iCloud. Apple present some challenges when trying to copy all my photos/video from the iCloud web portal - it limits the number of photos that can be downloaded at any one time and I'm also finding that meta data is being lost which is really annoying! Would like to know if you have come across this problem and if you have any hints and tips?

Many Thanks!!
You could technically sync all your pictures that live on your phone memory with Synology NAS and then click an option to delete them from the phone.
Then you should be able to move some portion of cloud living photos to your phone memory. And repeat the process until you have them all on the NAS.
Or maybe this https://github.com/icloud-photos-downloa...downloader

I hope this helps.