Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which Synology NAS?

Hi,
I've been following your channel for quite some time now, always thinking I should start my own NAS at home, but never really got to it. Thanks for providing all this very valuable information to the public.
I was eagerly anticipating the 922 (which then became 923) launch during the course of this year when eventually the 1522 model came out. Now with the 923+ also out, I'm divided between the two.
Which would you recommend getting? The price tag difference is about 100€, so not so relevant... seems to me that getting that extra e-SATA port which will provide further expansion capability, plus 8G of RAM instead of 4G make the 1522 more appealing, but then there's the SSD storage pool leaning towards the 923.
Looking forward for you feedback, best regards,
Luís
This is the million dollar question!
I went for the 923+ simply as it's newer; the 920+ is 2-3 years old... that said, a lot of people recommend the 920+
(12-08-2022, 11:53 PM)mdf0207 Wrote: This is the million dollar question!
I went for the 923+ simply as it's newer; the 920+ is 2-3 years old... that said, a lot of people recommend the 920+

Thank you for the response - I'd have no doubts opting for the 923+ instead of the 920+... However I was referring to choosing between the 923+ and the 1522+...
DS923+ and DS1522+ is practically the same NAS with an extra bay and extra expansion esata slot. Having more RAM by default do not improve the performance per se.
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/...522+/DS923+
The main difference is NVMe storage pool on 23+ series models. If you may need this for things like video editing, then this could be a deciding factor.

I hope this helps.