Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Switch NAS brand

Hi,

i've been reading and watching your content for ages and you already helped me a lot during my 2 NAS purchases. Lately I've decided for a Qnap TS-464 successing my QNAP TS-469 Pro. After setting everything up software problem followed after software problem and no I am sick of this brand and their support. To me, QNAP was a no brainer so far but now I want to switch brands as I can't stand their horrible support anymore.

My setup is as following:
- Camera Sony A 7 R IV (100mb per raw file)
- DJI Mini 4 Pro
- QNAP switch QNAP QSW-2104-2T (10GBE / 2,5gbe)
- PC with 10GBE
- Macbook AIR M1

I mainly edit my pictures at my PC and moving my work to the NAS as quickly as possible for safety issues (not loosing my work). Additionally I back the NAS up twice a week. Given my use case as an enthusiastic hobby photographer (with some paid work) I recently purchasing a DJI drone for video purposes I would be happy for a recommendation outside the QNAP world.

Best regards,
Franz
Thanks for sharing your experience, and we totally get the frustration. Switching brands can bring a breath of fresh air. Considering your setup and needs, the Synology DS1522+ could be an excellent choice. It handles large raw image files and drone footage seamlessly, offering a robust 8 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM for smooth operations.

The DS1522+ supports 10GbE, aligning perfectly with your QNAP switch and PC setup, ensuring speedy transfers. Synology's software is user-friendly, and their support tends to be reliable, addressing concerns effectively.

Given your budget of 1000-1200 € for the NAS alone, this model falls within range. Plus, it's future-proof with its expandable memory. Check out the details at nascompares.com/2023/05/08/synology-ds1522-nas-should-you-buy/ for an in-depth review. Feel free to explore other options too, and happy shooting and editing! If you have more questions, we're here. Cheers!
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/