Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS920+ vs DS923+

Hello I have been following your YouTube video comparisons on the DS920+ vs the DS923+. I was going to wait to purchase the DS923+ because I figured the latest release would be better than a model which is already 3 years old. The reason I am looking for a NAS is we own a home based business and we have data stored on too many devices and cloud services like Google Drive. We want to amalgamate all our data in one convenient location. We also want to make use of the raid as we are always concerned with losing data. So the DS923+ seemed like an ideal fit, however after watching your YouTube videos we learned many users of these NAS devices use them with PLEX. Although we aren't using PLEX it is something we are interested in. We currently subscribe to a TV satellite service, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. We would be interested in lowering our expenditure on these services if we could have access to good content. So we are unsure if the benefits of the 923+ are really even needed of our use. If we did purchase a DS920+ will we be able to use it with the latest version of DSM? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, there are so many people rushing to get one of the ds920+ before they stop manufacturing them. If you need a NAS for home multimedia DS920+ is an excellent choice. People only go for ds923+ if they actually need 10gbe connection or NVMe storage pool. DS923+ would serve as a multimedia NAS if you only stream video locally in your home and never outside the home on your phone or TVs at friends' homes. Local streaming is OK.

I hope this helps.