Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS solution

Hello,
Hope you guys are doing good. I been following NAS compare for long and watching all the videos. But now I am overwhelmed with all the information passed on, So please help me.
Need recommendation on Home NAS solution to store and access the following;
Pictures - HD / Live
Videos - HD / 4K
Games
Movies
Documents

I should be able to perform following;
upload pictures and videos over WiFi
watch Pictures /videos/ movies by connecting to TV or laptop(Windows) - if there is any hardware required please recommend
watch Pictures /videos/ movies by connecting to Phone (Apple/Android)
connect to NAS remotely
edit the document (Word, Exel, PDF, PPT)directly on NAS
This is not priority but it would be good if I have an option to play steam games (FIFA, Tomb Raider series, Just Cause series etc.)

Should boot up quickly (in seconds)
Should be able to access / copy pictures and videos in seconds rather than waiting for 2 or more minutes when connected via network cable
Should be able to save all my data incase of disk failure (preferably use Raid 6)
It sounds like you will like ds920+. It supports Live photos, HD and 4K videos. It also can be used for document storage and even replace Drobox folder sync.
Built-in Video server will also allow accessing your media on TVs and mobiles.
You can use Synology office to edit documents. Or you can also install Windows as a virtual machine to have office software.
NAS normally runs 24/7. But if you decide to shut it down, it can boot just under a minute.

I hope this helps.