Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for new NAS

Hello Smile

First of all, I want to thank you for the content and information on your website and YouTube channel! It's really helpful to understand.

I am sending you a message because I am interested in purchasing a new NAS for my home.
I looked at Synolegy DS1522+.
The first step is to purchase two 16TB WD Red that act as RAID 1.
Once the NAS project is underway, I hope to gather all my files/drives in one place once I have a 4TB, 2TB, etc in my drawer waiting for move to a NAS.
Me and my family (6 people) are owning iPhones and have a family 2TB cloud plan (10$/m) it's too expensive in the long run, perhaps I'll extend with another 16TB and so on when it will be needed.

Regarding the iPhone integration the UX/UI (saw your video and it's look Synolegy UX/UI is better then QNAP for instance, and for me it's really important)

Smart Home will be install soon at my home and perhaps I'll you the NAS with some dockers like HA etc..

Note: I'm replacing my network equipment with Ubiquity, but I'm not a video editor (yet Wink), and I don't need the 10Gb now, but I would like to have the ability to upgrade in the future.

Finally, I just want hear your thoughts regarding my plan
I'm just looking for expert advice.
In addition, I just want to thank you maybe with affiliate link and hope for some November discounts/deals Wink

Synolegy DS1522+
16TB WD Red *2
I would appreciate any suggestions/feedback you may have.

Thanks a lot Smile
Yes, this sounds like a sound plan.
DS1522+ has no limitations on the software they offer. And it also can be upgraded with 10gbe and nvme.
This makes it a future-proof NAS for backups and file storage.
You can also install docker and a virtual machine that really expands the spectrum of functionality.

I hope this helps.