Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terramaster

I have been dealing with some problems with F5-221 for a while now.

The NAS would just disappear off the network randomly. Can't see it with TNAS or through the webbrowser. After rebooting I had to wait hours for it to churn before allowing me access. Webbrowser would say "LOADING". Many times I had to reload TOS 4.2.39. I think the prior 4.2.27 (?) was better. I finally switched to NAS 5 and the NAS comes online quicker now. The problem is that there are no icons on the desktop. Can't creates users or check hardware. Can't see resources. Processor running at 60-99% and upgraded memory (10GB) used at 80-99%. Even with TOS 5 (no icons), the NAS disappears from network and requires rebooting after a few hours. I did not see you mention any such problems on your channel. What is your experience with these issues? Tech support says that they are working on finding a solution for me but their forum is full of issues like the lack of icons. Any help would be appreciated.
Sometimes it is simply faulty hardware. I would talk to support get the unit exchanged. Sometimes people do hard reset and wipe everything. Then starting from scratch works.
But these are the issue with low budget NAS/DAS.

I hope this helps.