Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ps5 Heatsinks/thermal pads/ssd memory

Hello Nas!! I purchased my first ps5 and I love the performance and specs of it so far. And honestly I would love to preserve and upgrade the functionality since I know Playstation won't make another console for another couple more years and I would like to make the best of my console. So far I've done a good amount of research thanks to your sources. But what I'm confused about so far is which is the absolute best Ssd(memory performance wise) cause you said the firecuda is very good but you mentioned there was a better one I think i forgot the brand but I think you said it was better. Also I was wondering if thermal pad really matter cause I researched that the fujipoly thermal pads are pretty great but I want to know which of the thermal pads would go best with that Copper pole looking heatsink. Also I'm very new to all this tech geek type of stuff especially terminology since I'm kinda illiterate lol. So if you could simplify the terminology if possible I'd greatly appreciate it! Also I love your content and have subscribed and will be watching for more info in the future.
Hi mate

Cheers for the kind words about the content! In the last year or so of many PCIe4 SSDs entering the market (as well as significant firmware updates to many existing Gen 4 SSDs) the choice is actually pretty vast when it comes to SSDs to choose. The top 5 SSDs I would recommend can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCANk6tpgk . There isn't really a 'ranking 1 to 5 there' but more a case of each of the five having a particular strength (IOPS, Throughput, Price, Value, Durability). Also, if you are looking at a PS5-designed heatsink (are you referring to this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSGjS4XSLg) then it SHOULD arrive with thermal heat pads included - often of 2 kinds of depth/thickness, so I would recommend using the included units. Hope this helps, have a great week.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage