Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for 2 transportation companies from hom right now

Transportation company I run from home. Opened up a freight brokerage. Eventually move to an office. We dont do any videos/editing . I do want to put some of the apps on there to centralize it like quickbooks and other software. Most of what i store or paperwork files like 2 to 6 page packets, pics of Bill of ladings.
I know price can benefit you and actually be cheaper to step up a little than down grading. Refreshing myself with the storage area most of experience is routers firewall. So I of course can go with a good starter for now then thinking maybe a rack system later with growth. included is my number or anyway if you would like to speak if thats better. Appreciate the content and your help.

Tim
I would recommend Celeron-based models such as ds720+/ DS920+. These models have full functionality compared to value series NAS. Its hardware also supports virtual machines. This allows you to install Windows. This is handy if you need particular apps that can not be found on a NAS itself.
Synology also seem to be more secure to access remotely if you need this functionality.

I hope this helps.