Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Different modles

Greetings,
First time NAS buyer, I am debating between a qnap TS-653D-4G 6 Bay +16g memory upgrade +4x 16tb HDD ($1600)
Or a QNAP TVS-872X-i3-8G-US Desktop 8-Bay NAS/iSCSI IP-SAN, Intel® Core™ i3 4-Core Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 10GbE*1 (Base-T), 1GbE*2
+3x 6tb HD ($1800)

I am almost exclusively using it to digitize my movie collection (currently mostly SD and 3d blue ray) and use as a media server. There is little chance of multiple users at the same time or simultaneous read and write processes. Also, either one will have greater hardware then I currently have on my computers
4k ability/useably is very desirable as well as 60hz hdmi output (both have) and durability are strong considerations.

The 653 seems to have everything I need but will be maxed out immediately . If I got the other it would be with the idea that it would be in service 10+ years and a slow build up of hardwear.

Also, the reason for the 18tb HD is I currently have access to a deal where they are $14.50ish per TB, the 6tb ones are only slightly more expensive but my budget would have already been blown. (All are segate ironwolf)

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Different modles - by ENQUIRIES - 09-07-2022, 07:00 AM
RE: Different modles - by ed - 09-07-2022, 03:55 PM