Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP 431P3 vs 431KX

Hi, first time buyer here, wonder whether to go with QNAP 431P3 or 431KX as they seem to be pretty similarly priced. I will use mainly for storing precious photos and files (around 1-1.5 Tb so far). Also, want to be able to utilize, in the near future at least, the possibility of accessing these pics online (through secure means) and why not stream some music. Am not really clear on what I need but am hoping you can help me. I was told that the simple 431K will do but am concerned that one has only 1GB RAM and can't be upgraded. If I am buying this for the next 5 yrs, I guess I better spend a little more but get something good. Also unclear on whether to get the Celeron processor vs the Alpine. Finally, are the IronWolf a good option for HDDs for the above choices or would you recommend something else?

thank you kindly,
Simon
You can add more memory in both of these NAS systems https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/compa...t_overview
You can also use them for photo and audio storage with no problems.
But if you may need to ever access videos remotely, I would rather choose something with a graphics chip such as ds418. Or even better - Celeron-based Qnap 51d / 62 series or Synology plus series 4bays.

I hope this helps.