Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for a fast speed solution NASDAS

Hi, So I am looking for a storage solution to store my files and sometimes edit off the drive as well, I am editor/colorist , i usually right work off Nvme SSD's ( I plan to put them in Raid 0 configuration) and have the backup to my NAS\DAS. Currently I work alone but in future I plan to expand my teams so expandability and future proofing is the key. My Workstation only has a 1G ethernet port. I plabn to use a RAID 5 configuration. Although I have my old pc lying around with i5 ,32GB RAM and cabinet with 5 Drive Slots, is truenas the way to go? I am not because I am very new to this and all very confusing, Please suggest a viable and best value for money option for this. Thanks a ton
";}
If you have a powerful PC lying around, you could install TrueNAS on it. But it requires maintenance. If you have patience for that, Qnap or Synology even Asustor would be an option. These are the most popular brands out there. Photo and video editors usually choose Qnap 72XT series NAS with Thunderbolt/10GbE connection. Also, internal NVMe slots can be used for fast storage (RAID1/RAID0). If you need something really fast then 10GbE or Thunderbolt connectivity will be very handy.
https://amzn.to/3PV1HMl

I hope this helps.
(08-22-2022, 12:33 PM)That is actually way beyond my budget and QNap has scarce availability in my region and that usually comesĀ  with premium price markup, any other recommedation , what do you think about installing NAS drives in my PC and using them in Raid 5 configuration using windows software RAID?ed Wrote: If you have a powerful PC lying around, you could install TrueNAS on it. But it requires maintenance. If you have patience for that, Qnap or Synology even Asustor would be an option. These are the most popular brands out there. Photo and video editors usually choose Qnap 72XT series NAS with Thunderbolt/10GbE connection. Also, internal NVMe slots can be used for fast storage (RAID1/RAID0). If you need something really fast then 10GbE or Thunderbolt connectivity will be very handy.
https://amzn.to/3PV1HMl

I hope this helps.