Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP TS-473

I have a new Arm m1 mac, I've been contemplating a Nas for a while now, I've been watching your videos but still procrastinating and have lost so much data in the past I'm so sick of it. while I don't think as a new user the thunderbolt would be necessary, I'm thinking 4bay, id like it to be upgradable with the .m2 SSD, primarily used for data storage of photos. but also some security cam footage. I did look at the QNAP TS-451+-8G 4 Bay Diskless NAS Quad-core 2.0GHz CPU 8GB RAM to save cash but id like something with a metal Housing, so I thought the QNAP TS-473-8G 4 Bay Diskless NAS AMD RX-421ND Quad Core 2.1GHz CPU 8GB RAM would be a better option and it allows me to upgrade in the future if I don't find it fast enough. I don't really like to wait for things to load up, and I don't particularly want to pay for the Pentium as it's a bit out of my range after I buy 2 x 8GB HDDs. After watching your videos I decided to go with Qnap for the feel and look, Rather than going back to the Windows look of Synology. Thanks for making the Videos. they have been Very Informative, but Probably a little over my head still.
Yes, Qnap Quad core based boxes are fairly future-proof options. The 51+ series are now being replaced.
I would recommend looking at ts-464,ts-473a,ts-451d2,ts-462
https://www.qnap.com/zh-tw/product/compa...t_overview

When ts-464 gets released globally, it will be a very popular NAS just like 73A series. You get 2.5gbe and NVMe caching. This will ensure you do not need to upgrade any time soon.

I hope this helps.