Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS1520+ or DS1522+

Hi guys, love your site and videos, well done! :-)

I’ve been watching a lot of your videos on the topic and yet I still pounder on which NAS to choose.

I use the Nas for my family’s personal files, run a Plex server and I will want to use Va for a home assistant servers.

My initial thoughts is that the 1520+ is better for me with the embedded gpu, but I hardly transcode anything.

I’d like the Nas to support 4K hdr for my theater but if I’m correct, as long as the client playing the file does the job, the embedded gpu won’t come into play?

I don’t think I’ll use the 10GB adapter option of the 1522+ for quite a while, but it seems nice to have that option for the future, especially if I wan’t to start doing work from my pc on files heavier directly on the NAS?

I will want to put all my photos on the Nas in replacement of Google photos if it’s nice enough, but I’m not sure the gpu is used in this case, or make significant difference.

I have WD red standard and plus drives so I think I’d be ok either way.

After watching you initial assessments I had set my mind on the 1520. But I now have second thoughts. The 1522 is essentially the same price and I’m struggling to make a definitive choice for my use case.

Would you have any additional recommendation that could help?

Cheers
Cedric

Messages In This Thread
DS1520+ or DS1522+ - by Enquiries - 07-30-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: 1520 or 1522 - by ed - 07-30-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: DS1520+ or DS1522+ - by CAMOBAP - 09-02-2022, 08:28 AM