Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for client/vm automated backup?

Hi there, I'am looking for a new nas for my SMB office (10-15 client pc, 2 phisical servers and 2 virtual machine). I'am a QNAP nas adopter with a first really satifatory experience with a TS-259 Pro (still working) and another one really worsth with a TS-453A who completly dead after less than 2 years of work.
Now I'am looking for a better stable and upgradable solution for file sharing and centralized backup and I'am interested in Synology DS1621+ or QNAP TS-673A-8G.

I like to try the newer ZFS filesystem proposed from QNAP but the Synology Active Backup for Business suite seems to offer more complete backup solution.

So my questions:
- There is a integrated baremetal backup solution for windows clients also for QNAP nas? Currently I'am using the QNAP NetBak Replicator for backup file folders from clients but the Synology suite seems to be most complete.
- The Synology Active Backup for Business could backup also the free Esxi Hypervisor VM or only vSphere solution?
- The ZFS filesystem offers some real advantages in the client/server backup procedures?
Thank you for your time!
Regards
hbs 3 for qnap may be a way, but  the Synology Active Backup for Business suite OFFER more complete backup solution, i use it for vm, file server and client. the recovery / browsing interface ROCK!