Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TS-251D memory upgrade?

I am looking to upgrade the memory of my QNAP TS-251D-2G NAS server to get going on virtualization. On Kingston's "Find compatible RAM" page, KVR26S19S6/4 comes up as an compatible upgrade. I would buy 2 modules of that kind, just 8 GB each for a total of 16 GB. However, I was wondering if I instead could use the paired HyperX set HX426S15IB2K2/16. Looking through specs, they should be identical except the HyperX modules have a lower CAS latency (which is normally considered better). At the local retailer, the HyperX set is nearly the same price as two valueRAM modules, and I am not able to find a paired set of ValueRAM. I expect it is better to use paired modules, but I have no evidence for this. Normally I wouldn't hesitate going with the HyperX modules instead, but online forums almost exclusively mention crucial memory upgrades. That is why I am a bit hesitant, and would like expert and/or user advice on whether the HyperX modules would be expected to work, or there could be some subtle differences I am not aware of, that could potentially disqualify the modules. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
All RAM modules are made exactly the same way. As long as you match the specs on the original RAM it should work. Some cheaper RAM modules sometimes demand single or double rank option. But it is always recommended to choose a shop with an easy returns policy. It is never guaranteed to work on the first attempt. Crucial statistically work most of the time.We have also tried HyperX, there should be no issues.I hope this helps.