Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wanting to buy a 2-bay NAS for Homeoffice/iOS & OS BackUps?

Hi,
I'd like to buy a NAS, preferably Synology, secondarily QNAP.

I wanted actually a DS220+, but then in the Synology's compatibility list I could find this SSD unit supporting for NAS Model.

The SSD Unit is a WD Red SSD with part number WDS200T1R0A-68A4W0. It costs right now about 245€ on Amazon and two of them for mounting a RAID system is affordable to me.

Is there any other option within the range of functional characterstics of a DS220+ that supports the SSD Unit mentioned above?

HDD is a no-go to me and my wife. I won't risk with HDD Reds because of their noise. The NAS will be placed in the living room and silence is the main and only reason I go for an affordable SSD solution.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your advice,
Ruben
All NAS and models support SSDs. Manufacturers simply do not test them thinking that people still choose HDDs. Their trays come with support for 2.5inch HDDs and SSD mounting.Choosing SSD will ensure you get a silent NAS and higher data transfer speeds and IOPS. Also, apps installed on this media will be more responsive.They cost more, but nothing competes with SSD performance.I hope this helps.