Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IP Camera on Cat5 & Memory Usage?

Hello, Firstly I have built my new NAS a few different ways RAID1 the SHR, (btfrs)I noticed memory usage was down with same applications installed (proxy, plex, Essential AV, Surveillance) memory went from 21% to 14% with SHR all other things being the same interesting!

Anyway can you recommend some budget IP cameras for my budget no more than £200 for 3, thank you.
There are few keywords that would indicate that the IP camera would work with a NAS. All IP cameras used to be able to connect to a NAS, but then several brands started to lock those cameras to their own software. This ended up with a monthly subscription fee and all footage being stored on a third party server which you have no say about the security of those videos nor much of control.So noways IP camera is just a title. Things to look for include ONVIF and FTP functionality. These two options would allow your NAS to connect and record surveillance. In some cases, you may need a camera with a multi-stream option of two connections that need to be made.There are hundreds of cheap camera manufactures offering their IP cameras that would work with a NAS, but reliability would be questionable. They might not last very long or the connection might not be stable. For this reason, I would recommend sticking with some known brands.You can choose between wifi, ethernet, POE and indoor/outdoor cameras.Recommended brands are FOSCAM, REOLINK, SV3C, Brillcam, Wansview, H.VIEW.Things to avoid are all battery-powered cameras.I put some links here: https://nascompares.com/answer/cheapest-nas-compatible-ip-cameras-under-50/I hope this helps.