Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS for Family?

Hello

I am looking to invest in a NAS that can sync files on my devices to the NAS then push these file to separate cloud storage that they use - OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud.

I also want to use it to store my archived music and video production projects and sync these into iCloud

The goal is to build resilience to our storage profile, so data is stored on individuals devices, backed up to NAS then synced to cloud.

I also want to store films and songs to stream to their devices on-demand

Hoping you can help me choose an appropriate NAS to do this.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Steve
First of all, you will need to figure what speed do you need need. If there is not much of a daily data increase then 1GbE solution will be OK. But if you produce some decent amount of data daily, you might need to consider 10GbE or Thunderbolt NAS options.TS-453D (253D) would be a good future proof choice. It would allow you to also upgrade it to 10GbE if want at some point in the future.If you have Thunderbolt available, you might consider TVS-472XT. You do not need other equipment to operate at increased speeds.You can then automate cloud backup from your NAS. Apple iCloud backups will need to be don from phone or computer. Apple is not giving access to this to third party vendors.I hope this helps.