Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie to NAS?

Hi we are a family of 6 ( 4 young children) Not very computer savvy in regards to what makes them tick.
We take loads of photos of our young family from our phones and eventually download them to an external hard drive on our computer. I broke my phone last year and have lost all photos of our youngest boys 1st birthday. In an ideal world i would like to be able to instantly back up what's on our computer, and save photos to a hard drive remotely for both me and my wife (maybe from 3 to 4 devices), be able to choose what photos I save easily, be able to access these same photos easily remotely if they're not already on our phone/ computer ect, and for us both to be able to easily access them. Most importantly, I'd like to never lose any more precious photos again so once they're saved I would like them to stay saved. I also have a music collection somewhere? That I need to recover from our computer/Iplayer that I would like on there, but this is a nice-to-have so that I can play them in my car!
Thanks for any help and advice in advance.
Regards Chris
Yes, this is terrible when it happens. With a dual-bay NAS, one drive can fail and you still have data on a second mirrored copy.Synology would be the easiest to set up and use. They also come with good quality mobile apps. You can set up a phone backup and access those photos and video even when away from the home. You can also install a Music station with a mobile app and stream this on your smart speakers or phone.DS218play would be a good starting point, or if you need something more future proof then DS220+ would be a great option.I hope this helps.